Create an application, i.e. a mobile application for Windows, Android or IOS, Web application, Edutainment and Entertainment applications etc.
You may use any programming language (or scripting language) you wish, such as C++, C#, Java, Python, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP etc. It is crucial that an application is functional and user-friendly. But of course, none of these matters if the key element is missing: a good idea.
VILIPO is looking for software solutions that target a specific everyday use. The project should contribute to making processes faster, more effective and, of course, be more environmentally friendly and healthier because it reduces wastes.
• A project can be prepared and submitted by one or two participants at most.
• A Report book and Abstract are required for completing applications. All projects, including affiliated fair winners, must also submit a full report book and abstract.
• Both the report book and abstract should include: title, student names, school, city and country. See more information in the “Requirements: Report Book and Abstract” section.
• Both the report book and abstract will be uploaded into an online application. The acceptable file format for abstract and for report book is PDF, not exceeding 15 MB in file size. The recommended page limit for the report book is 20, with an acceptable font size of 12 for Times New Roman or Calibri font type and page margins 2 cm from each side.
• In the application all information must be in English characters.
• You have to bring your own poster board/presentation. The size must be 80 cm (W) x 120 cm (H).
• VILIPO will provide foam boards for the posters.
• Participants can come to the competition with pre-printed materials to prepare their posters or with already completed posters.
• Students are allowed to make improvements on their projects between application and fair presentation.
• The poster should include at least the following sections: introduction, purpose, materials and methods, results and analysis of the data, conclusion, and references.
• Some of the table are equipped with electricity providing 220 V outlet. Make sure to specify this necessity on the application.
• Students are advised (not required) to bring multiple copies of their report book to distribute to curious viewers.
• Read Finalist guide under rules for more information.
• The following items will not be allowed to display: microbial cultures or fungi (live or dead); displays of live animals, preserved vertebrate animals, whether in whole or part (this includes humans); open or concealed flames, matches, or lighters; hazardous chemicals; highly combustible solids, fluids, or gases; sharp items (syringes, needles, knives); controlled substances; and radioactive materials.
• Any projects which include human subjects must follow standard procedures. Human subjects involved in a project (including survey research), must fully consent and be informed of any risks.
VILIPO Programming – Judging Criteria
- Creativity/Originality/ Innovation
- Poster Organization and Content
- Presentation of relevant data
- Research Skills and Effort
- Technical Skills
- Solution (Innovation)
- Understanding the Project
- Overall Oral and visible Presentation